In this article, let’s explore what is numerology all about. Essentially, we can perceive numerology as the study of numbers to help us understand ourselves and our surroundings mathematically.
As the saying goes, maths is the universal language. And all things vibrate at particular frequencies that can be explained by numbers.
And through thousands of years of research, various numerology systems surfaced in different parts of our world and evolved over the years. New generations of numerologists constantly seek to improve on this science.
So how can numerology help us? Have you ever:
- Thought about how much you know about yourself?
- Wonder how do people look at you?
- Wonder why do you sometimes find it harder to communicate with people around you, such as your spouse or your colleagues?
- Wonder whether you can change your life?
These may be some questions that appear in our minds every so often.
What if there is a way where you can determine your character in a matter of minutes through a simple mathematical formula?
And what if you can also identify life-changing events in your life?
Does knowing yourself and people around you better seem valuable to you?
Numerology can provide some answers to the above.
The Power of Numbers
Depending on your beliefs, you may feel that your destiny is charted on a pre-determined course.
Everything that we do is universally defined to serve a particular purpose. Sometimes, you are resigned to your fate to decide for you.
Others believe that our destiny is in our hands.
Regardless of your belief system, what if you can foresee how your destiny is going to be? Could we then avoid or prevent unfortunate events from happening to us in our lifetime?
If you have such powers, do you want to change the course of your destiny?
Religions throughout the world have generally taught us to be kind, love, and do the right things. It hopes that we can receive love and live in peace. In other words, the pursuit of happiness.
Whether coming from a religious point of view or not, the desire for happiness is universal.
How do we achieve happiness? How can we avoid or prevent bad things from happening to us?
One of the ways is to unlock the secret of our numbers, and one of the few keys is our birth dates.
Our birth dates are the first set of numbers given to us from the day we were born. It defines us.
The hidden codes in your numbers, once unlocked, shall reveal insights about you, the good and the bad, and what you might go through in your life.
It is then up to you to positively or negatively face your destiny and overcome any adversity that may be to come.
We should be in control of our life. And we can.
What is Numerology?
Numerology is the study of numbers that follows us throughout our life. It is a method that can help us to understand ourselves better.
And the numbers that we analyse can be inherited from the day we are born, or they can be numbers that we acquired throughout our lives.
Numbers that surround us can positively or negatively influence our personal growth. It shapes our thinking and thus our behaviour.
Numbers that we are born with will reveal our characteristics and share insights on what significant life events may potentially take place.
Yet, the numbers that we acquire along the way may change or impact our original destiny.
Hence, if you believe in the usefulness of numerology and practice it, you will gradually start to be sensitive to the numbers that surround you. It can be relatively fun too.
Types and Origins of Numerology Practiced
There are various types of numerology practiced in different parts of the world. The list below shows a few of the more common types of numerology:
- Pythagorean Numerology
- Originates from Pythagoras, the Greek mathematician, and philosopher who lived from 569-470 B.C
- It utilises both names and birth dates and is the most commonly used type of numerology.
- Chaldean Numerology
- It originates from Babylon by the Chaldeans around 605 – 562 B.C.
- Older than Pythagorean Numerology and uses both name and birth dates. However, it uses the name that the individual is currently using and not the full legal name.
- It can be more accurate than the Pythagorean Numerology system but less popular as it is harder to master.
- Kabbalah Numerology
- Originates from the Hebrews using the Hebrew alphabets
- Uses only the name
- New Kabbalah Numerology
- The new version of the Kabbalah Numerology is adapted from the Kabbalah Numerology, which uses the modern Roman alphabet instead.
- I Ching Energy Numerology
- A numerology system that utilises the I Ching through the association with the Eight Mansion Feng Shui.
- It helps us to understand possible behavioural characteristics and predicts life events.
- The practice is that the negative numbers we inherited or acquired in our life can be negated by having positive numbers to improve our relationships with people, attracting wealth or authority.
- It uses the birth year to determine the Life Gua number, and analysis is carried out by looking at our inherited or acquired numbers other than our date of birth.
No one numerology system is 100% accurate.
One way to improve the accuracy in understanding a person’s character, destiny and offer solutions to counteract negative energies is by combining both the Pythagorean Numerology and I Ching Energy Numerology systems.
Character Numerology’s primary focus is on these two numerology systems.
Usage of Numerology
What are the uses of numerology? In what circumstances may we apply it?
The list below should give you some ideas on its application:
- Understand your character.
- Understand the personality of other people.
- Determine compatibility between you and your spouse’s numbers and see if there are any issues to take note of or resolve.
- Determine compatibility between you and your business partner numbers to supplement your decision-making.
- Determine compatibility between your team member’s numbers to gain insight into the rapport amongst the team.
- Know your inherited numbers from birth to determine significant life events, be it positive or negative.
- Know how your acquired numbers from birth may have impacted your life.
- Learn how to improve your well-being through numbers.
Benefits of Numerology. Practice to Believe
With the above uses of numerology, we should become more self-aware of ourselves and understand our strengths and weaknesses. It can also help us to appreciate others in our circles better.
It is then up to us to work towards improving our situation to overcome any shortcomings that we might discover through our numbers.
Or even better, if your number shows a generally positive sign, then it is all about maintaining them in good shape to have a peaceful and happy life.
You may even use the knowledge you have learned here to help people around you, but of course, it depends on whether they believe in this.
We have to believe first, and you will then find that the more you practice, the more you will realize the benefits of numerology.
It is a piece of knowledge that we can learn to provide us with an additional data input, an added advantage, to help us make decisions and succeed in life.
And we should always do this with good intentions. Do good deeds and cultivate good thoughts.
I hope you find this article insightful, and if you have any questions about numerology or want to leave your views or experiences, I welcome you to leave a comment below.
Do Like and Follow Character Numerology social media channels should you wish to receive updates on new content.
And if you find this useful to anyone, do share in the links below and spread the word.