What is Numerology about?
Why is it useful to you? What benefits can it bring you? How does it work? Who invented Numerology? When may I apply it? Where do I use it?
Perhaps these are some questions on your mind as you are searching for answers. And you may be overwhelmed by a lot of information as you seek for answers. Or if this is the first place you found, then I sincerely hope you found what you are looking for which I believe you will.
The Power of Numbers
Depending on your beliefs, you might have the view that our fate are destined for a certain course which cannot be changed. Everything that we do is universally defined to serve a certain purpose. Sometimes, you are resigned to your fate to decide for you.
There are others who believe that our destiny is in our hands.
Regardless of your beliefs system, what if you are really able to foresee how your destiny is going to be like? Could we then avoid or prevent unfortunate events from happening to us in our lifetime?
If you have such powers, do you want to change the course of your destiny?
In our world, all religions have been teaching us to be kind, to love unconditionally and to do the right things. Our religion hopes that we are able to receive love and live in peace. In other words, the pursuit of happiness.
Whether coming from a religious point of view or not, the desire for happiness is universal.
How do we achieve happiness? How can we avoid or prevent bad things from happening to us?
One of the way is to unlock the secret of our numbers and one of the few keys is our birth dates.
Because this is the first set of number that follows you since the day you were born. Your birth date defines you.
The hidden codes in your numbers, once unlocked, shall reveal insights about you, the good and the bad and what you might go through in your life.
It is then up to you to positively or negatively face your destiny, and overcome any adversity that may be to come.
We should be in control of our life.
What is Numerology?
Numerology is the study of numbers that follows us throughout our life. It can be numbers that has been with us since the day we are born, or it can be numbers that we acquired throughout our lives.
Each of these numbers that we are surrounded with can have positive or negative effect on us.
Numbers that we are born with will reveal our inner and outer characteristics and also show insights on what significant life events may be to come.
Yet, numbers that we acquire along the way, may change or impact our original destiny.
Types and Origins of Numerology being Practised
There are a few types of Numerology being practised by different people. The more commonly known types being circulated are in summary:
- Pythagorean Numerology
- Originates from Pythagoras, the Greek mathematician and philosopher who lived from 569-470 B.C
- Uses both names and birth dates. This is the most commonly used type of Numerology.
- Chaldean Numerology
- Originates from Babylon by the Chaldeans.
- Older than Pythagorean Numerology. Uses both name and birth dates as well but for the name, it uses only the name that the person is commonly known as.
- It is considered to be more accurate than Pythagorean Numerology but less popular as it is harder to master.
- Kabbalah Numerology
- Originates from the Hebrews using the Hebrew alphabets
- Uses only the name
- New Kabbalah Numerology
- The new version of the Kabbalah Numerology that is developed for use with the modern Roman alphabets.
A lesser-known but powerful type of Numerology is the I Ching Numerology. This is based on the studies of the I Ching (translated as Book of Changes, an ancient Chinese divination text), which formulates meanings from pairs of numbers from 11 to 99 excluding combinations containing the numbers 0 and 5.
It is able to predict your life events and the practice is that negative numbers that you possess in your life can be negated by acquiring positive numbers to improve your relationships with people, attract wealth or power.
And in I Ching Numerology, the values used for the calculation is based on your identity number assigned to you at birth.
Combining the Pythagorean Numerology and I Ching Numerology, it can also greatly improve the accuracy of your understanding on your character, your destiny and provide you ways on how you may change them.
The core practice of this portal is focusing on Pythagorean Numerology and I Ching Numerology.
Usage of Numerology
What are the uses of Numerology? When can we apply it? Below gives you some idea on its application:
- Understand your own inner and outer characteristics.
- Understand other people’s inner and outer characteristics.
- Determine compatibility between you and your spouse numbers and see if there are certain issues to take note of or resolve.
- Determine compatibility between you and your business partner numbers to supplement your decision-making.
- Determine compatibility between your team member’s numbers to gain insight on the rapport amongst the team.
- Know your inherited numbers from birth to determine major life events be it positive or negative.
- Know how your acquired numbers since birth may have impacted your life.
- Learn how to improve your well-being through numbers.
Benefits of Numerology. Practice to Believe
With the above uses of Numerology, we should hence become more self-aware about ourselves, our strengths and weaknesses, and also others in our circles.
It is then up to us to work towards improving our situation to overcome any shortcomings that we might discover through our numbers. Or even better, if your number shows a generally positive sign, then it is about maintaining them in good shape to have a peaceful and happy life.
You may even use the knowledge you have learned here to help people around you, but of course, it depends on whether they believe in this.
The greatest enemy is actually our self. We have to believe first and practice is believing.
I have tried on myself and people around me that I know and the idea is practice makes perfect. There are certainly truths that can be discovered in Numerology. It is a skill that we can learn as another tool, another advantage, to help us succeed in life.
I hope you find this article useful and if you have any questions about Numerology or want to leave your own views or experiences, do leave a comment below.
And if you find this useful to anyone, do share in the links below and spread the word.