What is Numerology about? Have you ever:
- Thought about how much you know about yourself?
- Wonder how do people look at you?
- Wonder why do you sometimes find it harder to communicate with someone else, such as your colleagues or even your spouse?
- Wonder whether you can change your life?
These may be some questions that appear in our minds every so often.
What if I were to tell you that you can determine your character in a matter of minutes through a simple mathematical formula?
And what if I were to tell you that you can also identify life-changing events in your life?
Do these seem valuable to you?
Numerology can provide some answers to the above.
The Power of Numbers
Depending on your beliefs, you may have the view that our destiny is charted on a course that cannot be changed. Everything that we do is universally defined to serve a particular purpose. Sometimes, you are resigned to your fate to decide for you.
Others believe that our destiny is in our hands.
Regardless of your belief system, what if you can foresee how your destiny is going to be? Could we then avoid or prevent unfortunate events from happening to us in our lifetime?
If you have such powers, do you want to change the course of your destiny?
In our world, all religions have been teaching us to be kind, to love unconditionally, and to do the right things. It hopes that we can receive love and live in peace. In other words, the pursuit of happiness.
Whether coming from a religious point of view or not, the desire for happiness is universal.
How do we achieve happiness? How can we avoid or prevent bad things from happening to us?
One of the ways is to unlock the secret of our numbers, and one of the few keys is our birth dates.
It is because this is the first set of numbers that follows us since the day we were born. Our birth dates define us.
The hidden codes in your numbers, once unlocked, shall reveal insights about you, the good and the bad, and what you might go through in your life.
It is then up to you to positively or negatively face your destiny and overcome any adversity that may be to come.
We should be in control of our life.
What is Numerology?
Numerology is the study of numbers that follows us throughout our life.
It can be numbers that have been with us since the day we are born, or it can be numbers that we acquired throughout our lives.
Each of these numbers that surround us can have a positive or negative effect on us.
Numbers that we are born with will reveal our inner and outer characteristics and also show insights on what significant life events may be to come.
Yet, the numbers that we acquire along the way may change or impact our original destiny.
Types and Origins of Numerology Practiced
There are a few types of Numerology practiced by different people. Below is a summary of the more commonly known types of Numerology:
- Pythagorean Numerology
- Originates from Pythagoras, the Greek mathematician, and philosopher who lived from 569-470 B.C
- It utilizes both names and birth dates and is the most commonly used type of Numerology.
- I Ching Numerology
- Based on the studies of the I Ching (translated as Book of Changes, an ancient Chinese divination text)
- It translates the I Ching hexagrams and formulates meanings into pairs of numbers from 11 to 99, excluding combinations containing the numbers 0 and 5.
- Predicts life events, and the practice is that the negative numbers that you inherited or acquired in your life can be negated by having positive numbers to improve your relationships with people, attract wealth or power.
- It uses the birth year and identification number assigned to you at birth.
- Chaldean Numerology
- It originates from Babylon by the Chaldeans around 605 – 562 B.C.
- Older than Pythagorean Numerology, and uses both name and birth dates as well. However, it uses the name that the individual is currently using and not the full legal name.
- It can be more accurate than the Pythagorean Numerology system but less popular as it is harder to master.
- Kabbalah Numerology
- Originates from the Hebrews using the Hebrew alphabets
- Uses only the name
- New Kabbalah Numerology
- The new version of the Kabbalah Numerology is adapted from the Kabbalah Numerology, where it uses the modern Roman alphabets instead.
One way to significantly improve the accuracy in understanding a person’s character, destiny and offer solutions to counteract negative energies is by combining both the Pythagorean Numerology and I Ching Numerology systems.
Character Numerology’s key focus is on these two Numerology systems.
Usage of Numerology
What are the uses of Numerology? When can we apply it? Below gives you some idea of its application:
- Understand your character.
- Understand the personality of other people.
- Determine compatibility between you and your spouse’s numbers and see if there are any issues to take note of or resolve.
- Determine compatibility between you and your business partner numbers to supplement your decision-making.
- Determine compatibility between your team member’s numbers to gain insight into the rapport amongst the team.
- Know your inherited numbers from birth to determine significant life events, be it positive or negative.
- Know how your acquired numbers from birth may have impacted your life.
- Learn how to improve your well-being through numbers.
Benefits of Numerology. Practice to Believe
With the above uses of Numerology, we should hence become more self-aware about ourselves, our strengths and weaknesses, and also others in our circles.
It is then up to us to work towards improving our situation to overcome any shortcomings that we might discover through our numbers.
Or even better, if your number shows a generally positive sign, then it is about maintaining them in good shape to have a peaceful and happy life.
You may even use the knowledge you have learned here to help people around you, but of course, it depends on whether they believe in this.
The greatest enemy is ourselves. We have to believe first, and you will then find that the more you practice, the more you will realize the benefits of Numerology.
It is a skill that we can learn to provide us with additional data input, an added advantage, to help us succeed in life.
And we should always do this with good intention. Do good deeds and cultivate good thoughts.
I hope you find this article useful, and if you have any questions about Numerology or want to leave your views or experiences, do leave a comment below.
And if you find this useful to anyone, do share in the links below and spread the word.